John Hughes Dies aged 59.
I wouldn't be able to call myself a film fan if I didn't post about the tragic death of legendary 80's film writer and director John Hughes who died today, of a heart attack aged just 59. Hughes is responsible for one of my favourite films The Breakfast Club, along with other well known films such as Sixteen Candles, Weird Science, Uncle Buck and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Hughes somehow managed to get inside the psyche of teenagers and created films that every young person can relate to; both at the time, and now, more than 20 years later. If anyone reading this hasn't seen at least one of this great man's films then I urge you to take his untimely death as an excuse to finally seek one out. I promise that you wont be disappointed.
The unforgettable theme song to The Breakfast Club was untitled "Don't You Forget About Me," and it's safe to say that for me and hopefully many others John Hughes wont be forgotten about any time soon.
John Hughes 1950-2009

No comments:
Post a Comment